CALL FOR PAPERS: 7th International Conference on the History of Medicine in Southeast Asia (HOMSEA 2018)
To be held in Vientiane, Lao People’s Democratic Republic (LPDR) 15-17 January 2018
With support from Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC, The University of Sydney, Australia), Institut de Recherche sur le Développement (IRD, France), Université de Montréal (Canada)
- Prof. Warwick Anderson, University of Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Pascale Hancart-Petitet, IRD Vientiane, LPDR
- Prof. Laurence Monnais, Université de Montréal, Canada
- Assoc. Prof. Hans Pols, University of Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Vanphanom Sychareun, University of Health Sciences, Vientiane, LPDR
- Dr. Kathryn Sweet, independent scholar, Vientiane, LPDR
- and members of the Local Organizing Committee
All proposals on the subject of the history of medicine and health in Southeast Asia will be considered. We will also consider proposals in medical anthropology. Special attention will be given to proposals dealing with Laos.
Please submit a one-page proposed abstract for a 20-minute talk, and a one-page CV by July 15 2017 to Dr. James Dunk firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that it may be possible to subsidize some of the costs of participation for scholars from the Southeast Asia region, and for graduate and postgraduate students. If you wish to ask for support, please send a separate email justifying your request by July 15 to James Dunk.
Propositions will be reviewed by early September 2017.
Further information regarding the venue, registration fees, and accommodation options will be available by then.