Gender in Science and Technology (S&T) is a critical interdisciplinary research domain and has become a much-addressed perspective in scientific policy and research in many countries. This year, the Taiwan Gender in Science & Technology project (Taiwan GIST) entrusted by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), organizes the 2017 International Conference on Gender in Science & Technology. We invite all those interested and involved in gender, science and technology policy or research, to exchange views and opinions and establish new networks with peers and other stakeholders in the field of Gender in S&T. Taiwan GIST is pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2017 International Conference on Gender in Science & Technology, to be held in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, October 27th -28th, 2017.
International Invited Speakers:
|Dr. Cara Tannenbaum||Scientific Director, Institute of Gender and Health at Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), Canada|
|Dr. Anne Pépin||Director, Mission for the Place of Women at Le Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), France|
|Dr. Heisook Lee||Principal Research Fellow, Center for Gendered Innovation in Science & Technology Researches (GISTeR), Korea|
|Dr. Alice Hogan||Consultant & Former Director of the ADVANCE Program at NSF, USA|
|Drs. Ineke Buskens||Independent Research, Evaluation and Gender Consultant|
Conference Theme and Topics:
The conference theme “Gender and Technology Policy & Gendered Innovations" includes, and is not limited to, the following topics:
- Gender equality policy for the S&T fields in education, academia, and more
- Implementation of projects or measures to promote institutional changes or culture shifts in a specific community or profession
- The process and results of integrating methods and knowledge from gender studies into S&T knowledge production and innovation
- Other topics related to gender and S&T
- Oral presentation
- Self-organized session (3-5 papers each, session duration: 90 min.)
- Deadline of submission: May 31st 23:59 (GMT+8), 2017.
- To submit the proposal, please click here, Max. length of submitted proposals (abstracts required) is 300 words.
- Acceptance Notification is scheduled to be sent out by June 30th, 2017 via email. Official announcement will also be made on the conference website.
- Conference registration will be opened on-line on July 5th, 2017. Click here
- All presenters must register to be included in the program. For papers with more than one author, at least one presenter must register.
International Building, National Sun Yat-Sen University (No. 70, Lienhai Rd., Kaohsiung, TAIWAN)
Deadline for submissions of proposals May 31st
Acceptance Notification Before June 30th
Registration Opens July 5th
Registration Closes August 15th
Conference Dates October 27th-28th
Taiwan GIST; Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering (& Science Technology and Society Research Center), National Kaohsiung Marine University; Graduate Institute of Gender Education, National Kaohsiung Normal University
Institute of Public Affairs Management, National Sun Yat-Sen University; Institute of Information Systems and Applications, National Tsing Hua University
Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C. (confirmed); Education Bureau, Kaohsiung City Government (to be confirmed); Economic Development Bureau, Kaohsiung City Government (to be confirmed)